At HMT Engineering & Surveying, we are building a team of passionate professionals who work daily to create raving fans out of our clients. Our incredible company culture is based on building strong relationships, bringing great passion in all we do, and being on the cutting edge with our services and software.
HMT is one of the fastest growing Civil Engineering and Surveying firms in the nation over the last 5 years increasing from 6 to 45 employees. We offer a flexible schedule, leadership training, high level of mentoring, bi-weekly reviews, tuition assistance and a full array of highly competitive employee benefits to include 401K, life insurance, medical, dental, LTD, PTO, etc.
HMT Engineering & Surveying has an opening in its San Antonio office for an Engineering Technician with solid technical experience with the ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
This position is responsible for providing Autodesk Civil 3D design support to project management staff for residential and commercial land development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work from detailed sketches or off redlines to prepare plans, profiles, and detail drawing in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 (and more current versions)
• Develop construction documents showing topographical contours, elevations, profiles and cross-sections as well as develop draft design engineering drawings
• Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names; line and character styles; drawings and file names for sheet layout
• Handle AutoCAD transfers
• Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with minimal supervision
• Inform Project Engineer(s) of progress on assigned projects and request work when needed
• Maintain organized work area to allow access of project information by other team members
• Flexible in work assignments and team assignments
Qualifications and Skills
• Extremely proficient in AutoCAD – Civil 3D
• Effective communication skills with all level of employees within an organization, both oral and written skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with all level of employees within an organization as well as clients and public agency officials
• Ability to work interdependently within a team environment
• Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or Diploma in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design from an accredited institution of higher educationExtremely proficient in AutoCAD – Civil 3D
Excellent benefits package.