At HMT Engineering & Surveying, we are building a team of passionate professionals who work daily to create raving fans out of our clients. Our incredible company culture is based on building strong relationships, bringing great passion in all we do, and being on the cutting edge with our services and software.
HMT is one of the fastest growing Civil Engineering and Surveying firms in the nation over the last 5 years increasing from 6 to 45 employees. We offer a flexible schedule, leadership training, high level of mentoring, bi-weekly reviews, tuition assistance and a full array of highly competitive employee benefits to include 401K, life insurance, medical, dental, LTD, PTO, etc.
HMT Engineering & Surveying has an opening in its New Braunfels office for an RPLS/SIT with solid technical and management experience with the ability to work in a fast paced work environment. This position will assist the Survey Department Manager in managing daily activities of the field crew, and survey CAD technicians. Strong skill in boundary survey, and construction project management experience a plus. Proficient in AutoCad (currently Running Civil 3D 2014).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proposal preparation, project management, and final quality control for all surveys prepared
• Organize departmental activities, ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints
• Supervision of field operations, technical and drafting staff, deed and map research and project management
• Coordinates activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction and daily checking of work product
• Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters
• Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, record drawings research, and client relations
• Assist with various other projects as assigned by senior management
Qualifications and Skills
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient with field instrumentation and GPS
• Proficient in producing survey drawings and calculations
• Effective communication skills with all level of employees within an organization, both oral and written skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with all level of employees within an organization as well as clients and public agency officials
• Ability to work interdependently within a team environment
• Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs
Education and Experience
• 3 years’ experience working as a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) in Texas
• Experience with boundary, topographic, ALTA and construction surveys
Excellent benefits package